Where did the time go? Jacob turned TWO on Monday, March 12th! He had a great day. Ben, Kate and I tip toed into his room and woke him up by singing "Happy Birthday." It was daylight savings time the day before so he was a little sleepy that morning, but he got so excited when he realized we were all in his room. He laid on his back laughing and kicking his little legs. We treated him to a breakfast of scrambled eggs and chocolate chip muffins. Kate insisted on this part (she loves to watch old home videos and look at old pictures and knew that is what she had on her 2nd birthday). He loved it and ate every crumb.
Here is a picture of Kate on her second birthday....just for comparison!
Before heading off to Red Robin for dinner, we let Jacob open his presents. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it all. He was content to play with his first present and didn't have much interest in opening the rest of the gifts. His biggest present was his Playforever car....something David has been eyeing for quite some time! :)
And here is a picture of Ben on his 2nd birthday. And yes I dressed them in the same outfit on purpose...I couldn't resist! And to think we thought Ben was ready to be potty trained at 2!
Jacob LOVED his Red Robin macaroni and cheese and was so cute while the staff sang Happy Birthday to him. He wasn't sure what to think....he just sat motionless and stared at them while they sang. He enjoyed the sundae once they all left.
And of course, Jacob's favorite part of the whole day....playing with his Red Robin balloon on the way home!
Once we got home we had dessert again...this time cake and ice cream. Kate thought we should have green frosting to keep in spirit with St. Patrick's day. Too bad I wasn't paying attention when I took the picture....the camera focused on the cake instead of the cute little boy in the background!
I took Jacob to his 2 year check up today. He was a whopping 21.5 pounds and 30.5 inches tall! Another little boy below the charts, but I think we'll keep him.
Here are just a few of my favorite things about Jacob...
1. I love to watch him fold his arms for prayer! He does it without fail. Its my favorite thing in the whole world right now...and yes I peek to see it!
2. He loves to copy Ben and Kate. And of course they love it when he does it too. He wants to be big like them. He walks the same paths they do, hides in the same places they do, tries to sneak up onto their beds and chairs, and loves to sit on their bikes.
3. He is such a great sleeper. He is always so happy to go to bed, with very rare complaints. He gives kisses, loves, and says "Nuh night"
4. He is a Mamma's Boy. He is literally my shadow! He loves to cuddle and to be held.
5. He gets so excited when Daddy comes home...sometimes he even runs circles around the house.
6. He loves to play "Duck, duck goose." He whacks you on the head and takes off to another room.
7. He giggles when he toots.
8. He loves to play with any ball and listen for any bird.
9. His chubby cheeks (his only chubby feature), big blue eyes and blond hair.
10. He takes after David...he puts away everyone's shoes, insists on taking his dirty diapers outside, and can't stand a dirty face or hands. And just like Karen, he'd much rather have his long sleeves pulled down. It's amazing what they pick up!
He is a true joy!