Monday, June 9, 2008

Miss Kate



Just wanted to let everyone know Kate will be having minor surgery on friday to have ear tubes placed. She has had 5 ear infections since the end of November and most likely has had fluid in her ears that entire time or longer. She had a hearing test done today. She is hearing below the normal level. I was surpised to see how many times she didn't react to the sounds until they made them louder. I hadn't noticed that there was even a problem. She has been crawling around with what seems to her like ear muffs on for quite some time now. Now we know why she gets so excited when Ben comes around....he is much louder than David or I. We are very grateful to a wonderful friend and physician at church for taking his own time to check Kate out last Sunday and for making the entire process so easy and fast for us. She is in good hands! Please keep her in your prayers this week.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck Kate! I hope it goes well, which I am sure it will!

Berrett's said...

she is SO cute...good luck with the surgery. She'll be in our prayers!

Tina

Janell said...

Cute little Kate. I hope the tubes help her in every way!