Friday, April 30, 2010

For Sale: Two Year Old



Before you start your bidding there is one disclaimer I need to warn you about.....looks can be deceiving!

All in a days work for Kate:
1. Locked both her parents in the basement (good thing for us her big brother had just gone upstairs to use the bathroom)
2. Hid the lemonade filled pitcher in the crisper (It spilled everywhere and it literally took me several hours to find it. Originally, it was on the top shelf behind a gallon of milk).
3. Found the hidden black permanent marker and colored on the play table and ruined her brand new shirt the first time she wore it.
4. Got red and purple marker on the week old YELLOW couch. Thankfully, they were washable markers.
5. Has lost all interest in potty training but, hates wearing wet and poopy diapers.....yes that means she takes them off herself. She even gets out the wipes and changing pad and then practically floods the bathroom washing her hands afterwards.
6. Somehow manages to make me feel like I am the bad one.........
Karen: "Kate, I am sick and tired of it!"
Kate: "Mom, I am sick and tired of you yelling at me!"
7. Literally destroyed the laptop and somehow managed to put a password lock on it.



In her defense:
1. She does it all with a genuine smile
2. She never hesitates to say, "Sorry, Mom."
3. She now has to share her mother's attention with a pretty cute, new, little brother.





If anyone wants to visit........NOW........would be an excellent time. I could use the extra hands and eyes!
I have found myself in tears more than once this week.......and it's not because of the new baby or Ben.....they are angels.
I believe the saying should be, "Thank Heaven For Little Boys."

8 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Oh, she is such a little Lily!!! Have fun with that one! I do agree that boys are much easier! Hope you can get so peace soon. Take care!

Heather

Carrie Medford said...

I am so with you about boys. My boy was and still is my angel. And, they don't get any better when they turn 3--just more argumentative.

Joni said...

I had to chuckle as I read all the things Kate has done....sounds just like my Lisa when she was that age. It does get better eventually! Gotta love'em. Hang in there!

Jones said...

I can't help but LAUGH! ...I know, I know, at the time it's not so funny...but after the fact it's a bit humorous...right? ;)

I am so scared of getting locked out by my kids! there's a horror story of my oldest sister locking my mom out the back door one day cause my mom said no to a cookie. so of course my sister shows my mom (through the glass sliding door) that her 5 year old self can climb up the counter, get the cookie jar and ended up eating 3 cookies in front of my Mom before she heard the front door open...she had no idea my mom had sneaked over to the neighbors and called my dad to come home...that girl couldn't sit for days!! LOL

After the third child (and it took me a good STRESSFUL year) I realized my house will never be spotless again (at least for a while) and most days I'll have to wait a couple days before I can shower, the TV is a real friend and I can CALL MY VISITING TEACHERS FOR HELP!

Wish it hadn't taken me so long to learn some of these lessons, but hey better late than never ;)

I'd be there in a heart beat if I could! good luck =)

Stephanie said...

Lol! You can add Lauren in there for a 2 for 1 special!! ; ) Kids, gotta love 'em!

Heather J. said...

I completely agree with you! And the line about how she makes you feel like the bad guy--oh, yes, I can totally relate. Hang in there! Girls are smart and tricky and complicated and amazing and oh, so frustrating!

Krista said...

That makes me laugh, I know it's not at all funny to you, but I guess it makes me feel better knowing Addy will be in good company here in a few weeks. I could go on about some "duseys" she too has done! I often wander if I might just have to get sent to the crazy house some days.
We are excited to already have "Baltimore" friends!

Dalene said...

Oh my goodness, are you kidding me? I am so sorry and hope she calms down before she turns 16. That's when the real trouble begins, right?