Friday, December 10, 2010

6 years!

I am just a tad late getting this post up. Ben turned 6 on November 14th! Where has the time gone? Its seems just like yesterday that he surprised us all and arrived 5 weeks early at a meager 4 pounds! Sometimes, I honestly can't quite remember life without Ben. I am so grateful to be his mother. Here are just a few of the reasons why...

Ben loves school! He gets so excited to go each and every day. On his Kindergarten report card Mrs. Cox wrote, "Ben is a kind and caring student, and he has made a tremendous amount of progress in school this fall. Ben listens and follows directions in class, and he works well with other students." He is so proud of the fact that he has not yet had to move his bee from the green hive to the yellow or red hives at school.

Ben is a great big brother! Kate absolutely adores Ben and for the most part he is very good to her. They hug when he gets off the bus at the end of the day. Ben loves Jacob too. No one can make Jacob laugh quite like Ben can.

Ben is kind, caring, loyal and sensitive! This is one of Ben's greatest attributes. He looks out for his neighbor and especially for me. Ben has always expressed his desire to have lots of brothers and sisters. Recently, however, he told me he had enough. When I asked him why he changed his mind he told me that he didn't want me to have to be sick again.

Ben is obedient! He is a rule follower and is always aiming to please. He knows what is right and what is wrong and he is not afraid to stick up for it.

Ben is clever! He figures things out and comes up with the funniest things. He likes to make deals with me. We enjoy the entertainment that he provides.

For Ben's birthday this year we decided to take a few of his friends to Chucky Cheese. Surprisingly, it was a good experience for all.


And here are just some of my favorite pictures of Ben through the years.....











1 comment:

Alisha said...

I seriously could eat this kid up. If you ever get sick of him, send him to me!