Friday, October 18, 2013

I won't cry Mommy

How did this sweet little boy grow up so fast?  Jacob has been eagerly waiting for his turn to go to "school" just like Ben and Kate.  He was so excited all summer and pretty much potty trained himself overnight once I got around to letting him try so that he could go to school.  I was a little surprised the week before school started when he started telling me that he "felt nervous" for school to start and he began repeatedly requesting that I stay with him.  On the first day that I was suppose to leave him (there is a gradual entry) there were several kids crying.  He looked at them a few times and I silently hoped it wasn't going to ignite anything in him.  Before I left, I took him to the bathroom and while he was sitting on the toilet he looked up at me with his big, blue eyes and without any prompts from me said, "It's okay Mommy.  You can leave.  I won't cry Mommy."  Well maybe he didn't cry, but it sure made me teary eyed!  I gave him a big squeeze and suddenly my little shadow was off to preschool!  They grow up too fast!  
      




And I promise I didn't plan the matching shirts!  

1 comment:

Dalene said...

Love this post. What a sweetie he is! Your kids are super duper adorable, and I love seeing updated pictures. Merry Christmas!