Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Chapter

This last week David and I traveled to Baltimore to find a new place to live. We searched the entire city...ghetto and all. We looked at over 25 rentals and finally decided on one. The cost of living on the east coast terrifies me, but I am trying to have faith everything will work out in the end. Coming from Oklahoma creates massive sticker shock! I am excited about the house we found and feel good about our choice. Its a 3-4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath brick home that has been newly renovated. My favorite part is the brand new kitchen...granite countertops and beautiful stainless steel appliances. There is a full basement that will be newly finished and carpeted by the time we move in. We satisfied Ben's one request. He really wanted stairs. Here are a few pictures to get a better idea...

Front Room

Dining Room

Sun Room

Kitchen


Basement

After we found a place to live David and I explored the city. We drove to Hopkins so I could get a better idea of where he would be working. This is a picture of the hospital there when it was first established.

We also went to the inner harbor and walked around town. Among other things we visited the National aquarium, a science museum and the Camden Yards baseball park. On our way out of town we stopped by the Washington DC temple. It was absolutely beautiful.

We are happy to be home and even happier to have our home here "under contract" to sell. The timing of our closing should work out perfectly. We are very thankful. Being away from the kids for a week really helped me to see that it doesn't really matter where you live...its just the people you live with. I really missed them. And so a new chapter begins. And an adventurous one it promises to be!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT! Your new house is so cute! It will be soooo fun living on the east coast! But I'm sad that you're leaving!

Oh, and did you hear Haley's big announcement? She decided to tell everyone that I am pregnant yesterday at the soccer game. Yeah. Sadly for her I'm NOT!

BrieAnn said...

The new house is AWESOME! I can't even being to describe my love for old houses (mine was built in 1925). The yard looks so inviting, and I love the windows. I also think it's great that you have a sun room. I'm jealous of your kitchen! Jake and I don't have our official apartment yet, but I'm pretty sure that none of them have dishwashers...

Alisha said...

The new home looks amazing! I'm so glad everything is working out. The east coast is a fun place to spend a few years-- take advantage of how close you are to all of the historical sights. We had a blast back there & I know you will too!!!

Joni said...

I love your new home, it is so warm with the beautiful wood floors and gorgeous granite counter tops. You guys did great! Boston will be a really fun area to live in...so many things to do within a few hours drive. We will miss you and your darling family. You are one of the sweetest people I know. I will always remember how thoughtful and kind you were to Cassie when she was going through her darkest days. You are an angel! We still need to get together for Settler's!

Janell said...

This is such an exciting time for you guys. I'm sure it's hard to move and leave what you have grown to love there in Oklahoma but I'm sure you will grow to love Boston as well. The home is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more about the move and David's new job!

Carrie Medford said...

It looks like a gorgeous house! Welcome to the East coast! I loved the DC temple and I'm sad we've moved away from it. You live in a beautiful part of the country with lots of history. Enjoy it!

Dalene said...

Karen, the house is adorable and I am sure you will learn to love the East Coast. I don't think I ever want to leave now! Maybe we will run into each other at the temple sometime - wouldn't that be fun?

Emily said...

I like your house, it looks like it will be a nice place for the kids. I keep saying I need to come visit the DC area since I have a few friends out there. Now I will have one more reason to come. I can't believe it's already been a year. I'm sure David is so SO excited to be almost done with intern year. I start my radiology rotation on Monday!

Waggoner Family said...

I love your new home! How exciting! I am sad about you leaving though! I will miss Ben in primary! He always makes me smile! It will be fun to live so close to DC! The temple is beautiful!

Jeppsen Family said...

What a cute place! I am glad that you are able to relax a little now that your home is under contract to sell...see you did it!!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a cute home you will be living in! How exciting for you!

Berrett's said...

oohhh i LOVE your house!! ohh to have a house...and a cute one at that! congrats!!!

tina

Corbin and Amy said...

Ohmigosh...That house is so beautiful! You can kind of sigh a breath of relief. When do you actually leave again?