Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cromwell Valley Park Field Trip

On Monday, Ben had his first official "field trip." His class visited Cromwell Valley Park and learned how to harvest pumpkins, apples, black walnuts and corn. He got to pick his own pumpkin, make and taste apple cider, crack a black walnut, grind corn into cornmeal and eat cornbread. It turned out to be a beautiful fall day. It was fun to watch Ben socialize with his classmates and see firsthand that he really has become everyone's, "best friend."







This last picture is one of Ben and his friend RJ. Ben loves RJ. I love to watch them together. RJ is the biggest kid in the class and Ben is one of the smallest, but they don't seem to care or even notice.

6 comments:

Joni said...

Hey Karen,
My daughter and her husband are looking into an x-ternship there. What are the prices of housing like there i Baltimore? You can email me jonigraves@aol.com
thanks.

Dalene said...

I love the picture of RJ and Ben and that, at their age, they are so accepting of everyone!

Grandma Jacobs said...

I just read all your latest blogs--love the pictures and hearing about your activities. I re-read Ben's comments too--made me cry a bit. Miss all of you!

Sara Cheever said...

This looks like just about the best field trip ever!

kelsey said...

What a fun fieldtrip. Ben seriously has the cutest little face!

Stephanie said...

What a fun field trip! I'm so glad that Ben has made some friends! (Not that it would be hard for him!)