Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Happenings!



We had a great Halloween this year. On Friday, Ben had a fun Halloween party at school and we went to our Church's trunk or treat. Ben invited his friend Brady, "Superman" from school. They had a great time.

My friend Heather's little girl, Brooklyn was "Bat girl". It made for a cute picture.

On Saturday, David carved a pumpkin with the kids and we enjoyed our neighborhood festivities.



We got in just the right amount of trick or treating before it started raining. Now the task is attempting to hide the candy from Kate. She can climb anywhere and is very good at discovering my hiding places. She inherited her mother's sweet tooth! As you can see from the pictures, Ben was Batman. I made his costume this year. David was a little worried, but admitted he was very impressed with the final product. I will admit Kate's care bear costume didn't turn out as well, but she loved it and that's all that really matters, right? I took advantage of David having vacation this week and got a much needed haircut(as you can tell from the picture). It had been 5 months, way too long! I feel almost as blond as Kate now! It took too long to get settled in and get over the really bad morning sickness before I could go. I have missed Diane desperately...my friend who has cut my hair for the past 5 years!

4 comments:

BrieAnn said...

After I read this post, I took some time catching up on "Life According to Ben." I could read his insights over and over again and still laugh.

Janell said...

You made their costumes? Awesome Karen!! They look super cute! I was just telling Kevin the other day that I wish I was more domestic. Sewing, crafting, home-y type stuff just doesn't come to me. You're good!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

It was so much fun to read your blog... It has been a while, and there are so many fun things in it!! Brayden was Batman too, just not as cute as that one. We also have the Phil and Ted stoller, and it is amazing to think it has been 8 years!! It was even hard for me to remember all the fun times in Baltimore.. the aquarium, zoo, B&O Railroad ect. We hope you guys are doing well, and CONGRATULATIONS on another little one. How fun!
Erin

Stephanie said...

Awesome job on the costumes! I wish I could sew! Looks like you had a great Halloween!