Friday, January 22, 2010

Prayers for Samuel





Samuel is my hero. He is the toughest little boy I know. For those of you who do not know Samuel or his family, I will give you a little background information. Relatively from birth, Sam has suffered from an unknown seizure disorder. Over time, these seizures have rendered him completely dependent on others for all of his cares. He is fed through a G tube in his stomach. Samuel is now 8 years old and has undergone numerous episodes of pneumonia, surgeries, tests, procedures, therapies, treatments and hospitalizations. He is a trooper and never ceases to amaze me. Currently Samuel is in the ICU in San Diego and has been for the last 15 days. As requested by his parents, I am writing to you today to ask for your prayers....prayers for both Sam and his family. Over the next few days, they will be facing some very tough decisions. Decisions that I hope to never face. They are seeking guidance from our Heavenly Father to know and understand His will as they face these important decisions. As you pray, please ask, above all else, that Samuel will not suffer. For those of you who are able, our family will also be having a special fast for Samuel and his family this coming Sunday and would invite you to join us. Rob and Di are amazing parents. Over the years, and particularly the years we shared living in Oklahoma together, I have watched them display amazing courage, unconditional love, and unwavering care in Samuel's behalf. I have no doubt Our Heavenly Father is aware of them, Sam and their current struggle. Thank you for your faith and your prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will pray for him. He will me in our mind. Whatever happen it will happen in a good reason from someone above of us.

Tori Orgill said...

karen...i am so sorry. i love samuel so much! i loved listening to him "sing" all the time! he is one of my heros too! can you please email me di's email address. i would like to tell her how much i love her! she is ALSO one of my heros. Thanks for the update and joe and i will keep samuel in our prayers!