Monday, February 22, 2010

Random Bits & Pieces

February has been an interesting month in Baltimore! We have gotten more snow this winter than Anchorage, Alaska! Needless to say, today was Ben's 1st day back to school in over 2 weeks. He was thrilled to go back. We had a fun time in the snow, but it did get old after about 4 feet of it. Everyday in February felt like some sort of weird Groundhogs day to me. We passed some of our time making sugar cookies for Valentine's day.



Kate took up running on the treadmill. She even got out my ipod, plugged in the headphones, and took off her shirt (just like Daddy does) to go for her jog.

On Thursday, I turned 31! I feel so old, despite Ben telling someone I was only 15! I got to go out to eat twice that day and got lots of birthday wishes. After many pleas from some friends in OK, I will post a picture of my belly. This will be the last! Now you can all agree that its a fact.....I am huge! Do I really have 8 weeks to go? I think I am even more ready for this baby to come than Spring!

On Saturday, Kate got her first haircut. She was an angel and absolutely loved every minute of it. She didn't want it to end!

10 comments:

Alisha said...

Ok, so your belly is pretty big. But you're so tiny everywhere else! I'm big EVERYWHERE! You look cute :)

Jennifer said...

You "Gillett" girls are so lucky. The only thing that gets big when you are pregnant are your bellies. You are so tiny every where else. Count your blessings! Your little ones are getting so big. Kate looks like she enjoyed every moment of getting pampered and getting her hair cut. TOO CUTE!

Stephanie said...

I agree with the previous statements! You're nothing but belly! : )

Little Miss Kate is too stinkin' cute! I love getting my hair done too!

Those cookies looked so good that I decided to make some too! And I'm using your recipe! : )

Lucas said...

Hey, so good to see pictures of you guys. You look so cute, I love the belly! I can't believe we had Caden and Ben at almost the same time and you get a third too...lucky you! Your kids are so cute!

Hope you guys are all well,
Robyn

Jones said...

happy birthday!!! and you look absolutely gorgeous!

Grandma Jacobs said...

I love how Kate wanted to be just like you and David on the treadmill! And you're a cute mom too--still look like a 20-something.

Corbin and Amy said...

OMG! You look awesome!! Seriously...I thought you said you were huge:) I know you had a birthday, but I thought you were turning 28...really. You and David will always look young with your babyfaces! Glad you got to eat out twice and you didn't have to cook!

Jeppsen Family said...

Karen, you are cute, but can you breathe?!
February birthdays are the best. I ate out twice too!!
It sounds like you are having a fun adventure in Baltimore!!

Waggoner Family said...

You look amazing! I can't believe how long Kate's hair is! (or was!) We miss you all!

Stephanie Johnson said...

I can't believe how much older Kate looks and how long her hair is. And you know what you are all belly girl that's why it looks so big- once it's gone you will be looking like a hottie again.