Monday, February 8, 2010

A Record Snowfall!














I can't remember the last time I was literally snowed in! Saturday marked a new record for Baltimore! We got about 26 inches at our house in 24 hours. It was pretty crazy, but fun since David was off this weekend and we never lost power. It took David nearly 7 hours to shovel the driveway and sidewalk! Maybe now he can finally empathize with my sore pregnant back! For the first time, I was relieved my due date was still far off and I didn't have to rely on David's 6 week OB rotation to deliver this baby! David spent most of yesterday playing with the kids in the snow. They sure had a good time sledding in our backyard and building a snow cave. Not only did we surpass the record single snowfall this weekend, but we also surpassed the record snowfall for the winter. Looks like we moved here just in time. And looks like Nana's best investment all year will be Ben and Kate's snowsuits. They sure have been put to good use!

5 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Wow that is a crazy amount of snow!!! Looks like fun and glad you had power the whole time. It has snow a crazy amount here too for Oklahoma anyway! I love little miss Kate and miss her so. She is so dang cute!! Glad to see you are all having fun!!!

Stephanie said...

Holy cow! That is insane! Thank goodness you didn't lose your power! It looks like Ben & Kate had so much fun.

Corbin and Amy said...

What a fun day!!!! Now that is a reason to close down schools. Oklahoma is so silly. We get a few inches and they are closed for a few days! It's been a crazy winter for everyone I think.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Kate looks so big and cute in her little snow outift. That is a TON of snow how fun. How is Sam doing I hope everything is going okay with him

Ann Traynor said...

How wonderful to have so much snow! I love it. I died laughing reading your list of comments people make about how large you are. Why is it that when you are pregnant, all normal rules about politness just go out the window?!?