Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Go make Dinner!"

How can a little package this cute stir up so much trouble?


Very easily and here is my evidence!

A couple of weeks ago Kate decided she wanted to be an artist. She used the new yellow couch as her canvas and a black ink pen as her medium. Fortunately for her mother: #1. Her big brother stopped her before the masterpiece was complete and #2. Her father was wise enough to purchase the "Guardsmen Furniture Protection Plan." Seconds after the disaster, I was scolding Kate in time out. She interrupted my repetitive and very persistent reminders that you "only write on paper" with this command......"Stop talking. Go make dinner!" As you can imagine, she fueled my fire! Fortunately for Kate, the thought didn't enter my mind to wash her mouth out with soap, like Grandma would have done, until it was much too late.

Thank you Mr. Guardsmen for successfully scrubbing my couch for an entire 45 minutes today. Kate quietly watched his every move. The only words that came from her mouth while he was in our home were..."You love me Mom!" I was thankful for the reminder.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Bless you Karen, Bless you. I don't know what I would do... Good thing they're so cute huh? I'm convinced that's why Heavenly Father makes babies & small children so adorable! It's the only way they would survive!

Emily said...

What a stinker! I hope it came out of the couch...