Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Washington D.C.: June 28, 2011

Ben, Kate, Jacob and I ventured to Washington D.C. for the first time thanks to Amanda, my sister-in-law. She and her kids made the incredibly long trek from Texas to visit us....and of course all the sites we are near. The kids were so excited to have their cousins visit. It had been a long time coming for them! During our day in D.C., we successfully navigated the Metro and were able to first see the Library of Congress. It was beautiful. Ben was quite disappointed that they did not have kids books that he could check out!



Next, we walked to the Supreme Court Building. Unfortunately they were in session so we were not able to go inside, but we did take some photos on the outside.

Amanda was able to get tickets for a Capitol tour which we did next. I really enjoyed that and again marvelled at the beauty of the Capitol. My favorite part of the tour was viewing the dome. It was incredible. I was hard to believe that the Statue of Liberty could fit inside the dome and the painting on the top was larger than 4,000 square feet.


We really enjoyed D.C. but, it definitely wore us out! It was like going through airport security every time we went inside a building. Although I understood the importance, it was tough to do with 3 little kids. Next time....I'm bringing David! This is a picture of us on the metro on the way home. Kate was wiped out and I wasn't too far behind!

No comments: