Monday, April 9, 2012

San Diego Days 1-2

Day 1
We arrived in San Diego at about 9:30 PM (12:30 AM our time) after a delayed and very long flight. Jacob was not a happy camper for the majority of the flight. He is normally such a trooper that we didn't really think the late flight would bother him. We were banking on the fact that he would sleep the whole way there. We were dead wrong. In fact, he screamed at least half of the 6 hour flight. He got so worked up near the end that he even made himself throw up...all over Ben's blanket. I looked at Ben when it happened and he very calmly said, "It's okay Mom, I love my brother more than my blanket." Ben was my tender mercy.

We couldn't have been happier to walk off that plane to be greeted by Rob and Natalee. Ben and Kate immediately acted like they were shy, but quickly warmed up after a stop for chocolate shakes and round #2 of Uncle Rob's magic cabinet. Kate made out with a pink DS and a Tangled game. Ben scored a Harry Potter DS lego game. Uncle Rob knows how to become the favorite uncle!

After a very long day, we headed off to bed!

Day 2


Our first adventure was to the San Diego Zoo. The weather was in the mid 60s and there was a slight overcast, which proved to be to our advantage....less Spring Break crowds and a lot of the animals that rarely come out were out! The San Diego Zoo is beautiful. We saw so many animals from a great view. The highlight of the day would have to be the orangutan episode. After coming over to the glass right in front of us, he bent over and mooned us. Then he squatted down and left a gigantic poop! I have never heard Ben laugh so hard in my life. Ben had all the other guests laughing too. I wish I had it on video. One elderly man said, "He'll remember that for the rest of his life." I think he just might, I know I will. Poop photo courtesy of Uncle Rob (per my request)!


We got some great views of the Giant and Red Pandas.



Ben and Kate loved the polar bear exhibit. They had fun playing on the helicopter and in the artificial igloos.




Kate thought the two headed snake was pretty cool and was even brave enough to take a picture with it!


Here are just a few of our other favorite animals (gorillas, koalas, bears, giraffes & flamingos).





And here are just a few group shots!



After the zoo, David and Rob headed to the Priesthood session of General Conference. They had a good time. After they got home we squeezed in a game of Settlers of Catan (my favorite). I hadn't played in 3 years! I am looking forward to catching up on Saturday's sessions of General Conference on my DVR this week!

1 comment:

Tori Orgill said...

you guys were BUSY!! but it looks like you had a blast!!