Sunday, April 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


One of my least favorite things to make are sugar cookies.  So much work and such a mess!  I was hoping to get away without making them this year, but Kate kept asking me when we were going to decorate our heart cookies.  Since David was working late on Valentine's day, I finally decided to pass the time with cookies.  I made the cookies and frosting while Ben and Kate were at school (hoping to minimize the mess).  When they got home from school, I gave them each 5 cookies to decorate.  I decorated the rest for the neighbors.  The kids delivered cookies to all the neighbors and unexpectedly came back with so much stuff....cookies, chocolate, movies, new markers, crayons and coloring books.  Now Kate asks to make them cookies all the time...it looks like we will be doing it again next year!  

Jacob loved every second.  He licked every candy heart before placing them on his cookies.  He's a smart boy...no one dared eat his cookies.   


Ben decorated one cookie and then told me he was too old to decorate cookies now and instead started pulling faces for the camera.  


Kate finished off nearly all of our sprinkles and then some and as always made the biggest mess of all.   

In between cookies, she was eager to share her yoga moves she had learned at school.   



And little Emily made the perfect little Valentine for all of us.

No comments: