Friday, March 7, 2014

Ben turns 9!

Ben had a great 9th birthday celebration (11/14/13).  It was a BUSY few days.  Ben's birthday was on a Thursday.  He requested muffins and scrambled eggs for breakfast before he headed off to school.  That night we had dinner at Red Robin and opened a few presents.


There was no school on Friday so we decided to plan a party for Ben that day.  David took the day off to help me.  (As if birthday parties aren't stressful enough, we crammed in another stressful event that morning...family pictures!  It wasn't ideal, but you do what you have to do when you know Dad will actually be home.)  We gave in to Ben's longtime request for a laser tag Red zone birthday party.  The kids had a great time and it made things doable for me.






Ben is a great kid!  I am so thankful for him.  He continues to be an amazing helper to me in what has been one of my busiest and most stressful years.  He and Kate fight as most siblings do, but Jacob and Emily continue to do no wrong in Ben's eyes.  He has naturally stepped into the role of man of the house when David is gone.  Without being asked he gathers the trash and recycling, picks up the little kids toys nightly, reads bedtime stories to everyone and gathers everyone for nightly scripture study and prayer.  I don't think he realizes how much his help means to me.  He is a good friend, is sensitive to others, does well in school and loves sports.  (And I love watching him play those sports).  He is good company!      

On Saturday (16th), David and I flew to Idaho Falls for one of David's job interviews.  It took a lot of planning, but somehow it all worked out!  We are SO thankful to Alison and Steve Christian for watching the oldest 3 kids for us for 4 days so that I could go with David.

No comments: