Tuesday, July 1, 2008

And So It Begins





July 1, 2008! The day has finally arrived. David finished day 1 of 1825 days (5 years) in his residency training! He woke up at 4:30 am and put on the LONG white coat. I am sure he prayed the entire way to the hospital. I didn't get a chance to ask him very many details about his day before he retired to bed at 10 pm. I am thrilled to be able to say my husband is now employed. No matter how meager the paycheck may be, its a paycheck nonetheless. And real health insurance for the entire family, no pre-existing conditions allowed! We are so proud of you Dr. Behrmann, MD! Hang in there for the LONG haul. Someday it will all be worth it. These little faces will be 8 and 6!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope his first day went well! I can't believe that he is already a resident! Didn't he just start medical school? Where does the time go? Congrats again Dave! That's an awesome accomplishment!

Sorry I didn't return your phone call. Will you be at boot camp on Monday? I won't be there Friday. Thanks Karen! : )

kelsey said...

Cute post... I love it! Karen, how do you do it? Ryan is taking some prep courses for the GMAT this summer. He's gone two nights a week for that and then once a week for his church calling. So we basically see him Monday night and then say goodbye until Friday. That's probably nothing compared to David's schedule! I hope you guys are able to get some date nights in:)

Corbin and Amy said...

We made a copy of Corbin's first paycheck so we could look back and remember the "harder times" when he's done.