Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Kate!

Yesterday was Kate's 1st birthday. I am so grateful for my happy little girl, who by the way can hear now. She passed her hearing test with flying colors on monday. Thank goodness for those tubes to clear away all that fluid. She is a joy to have. I love her little smile and the innocence she brings into our home. She had a great day. She started off the day doing one of her favorite things....taking a bath. She decided to leave me a little present and pooped in the bathtub for the first time. Ben was quite grossed out. He couldn't believe that he ever did such a thing. Di and the kids and Mike came over for a little birthday party and dinner. We had homemade pizza, salad and cake and ice cream. Fortunately, David was on call wednesday night so was post call on thursday. He slept most of the day and woke up just in time for the party. Kate liked to tear the wrapping paper and play with the boxes. Ben loved all of her presents and looked like he was enjoying his own birthday. His favorite toy is the little stoller Di gave to Kate. It took some persuading to expain why he couldn't bring it to Kate's one year doctor's appointment this morning. Kate loved eating her little cupcake and did a pretty good job at it until she started rubbing it in her eyes. She hated the birthday hat. Unfortunately, Ben passed along his pink eye to Kate just in time for her birthday. The doctor put them both on antibiotics this morning. Hopefully, we can cure them of their ills before we pass it on to 28 cousins at our Gillett family reunion this next week. Ben, Kate and I are off to Utah tomorrow. Wish me luck on the airplane. Two toddlers...both with pink eye...one post immunizations...the other newly potty trained...a layover in Denver...flying way past bedtime...all by myself. Maybe I need more than luck. Maybe Benadryl?

Enjoy all the pictures. I just couldn't narrow them down.









9 comments:

BrieAnn said...

Kate is so sweet.

And you are so brave...I'm wishing you more than luck. ;)

Jeppsen Family said...

Kate is a doll! I love her smiles! Ben is hilarious...I guess you have to remember their cuteness when you're in the airport. Suckers are great for on the plane....it keeps them quiet and keeps their ears from building up too much pressure! Have a fun trip.

Corbin and Amy said...

Speaking of pooping in the water..my niece accidently pooped in our hot tub. Not a good situation!!!! Good luck flying..That would be really hard, but I'm sure they will be angels right?:)

Krystal Dooley said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I know, Ry-Ry was thinking about Kate too on Thursday:) In April, i had to fly to Utah with the 2 kids by myself and it was really hard. Luckily people feel bad for you and are pretty helpful and forgiving. I hope your plane ride wasn't all that horrible. Have fun at your reunion!

Berrett's said...

oh man...good luck on the plane...oye. I can't believe Kate is one already!! She is a DOLL!

tina

kelsey said...

What a sweet little girl... she's so cute! Good luck on the flight, I had to fly to California by myself with the kids and I think I was really blessed... they were so good. The only hard part was boarding with my kids, a carry-on, stroller, etc. There were a lot of nice people who could see me struggling and helped out by holding a bag for me, etc. Karen, I want to get together while you're out in Utah! I'll email you all my info!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Kate! She is so adorable! How was the flight?

Waggoner Family said...

I hope everything went ok with the flight! I can't believe that Kate is one! It seems like yesterday you brought her over to Diane's right after you had her! You are wonderful!
Robyn

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I love the pics. She is so dang cute. I hope the plane ride went well.