Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crab Feast!




As a welcoming event David's radiology program hosted a Crab Feast at a nearby restaurant located in Baltimore's inner harbor. It was quite the experience. At the end of the meal the waiters brought out trays loaded full of crabs and dumped them onto the tables. Fellow residents quickly taught David the tricks to getting the meat off of the crabs, but in the process he cut his finger and got slimed from the waiter's tray. Ben was horrified by the crabs. We aren't sure if he thought we were going to make him eat one or if he was just scared of them. He never took his eyes off of the pile and even teared up looking at them. Since I do not like seafood of any form, David tried to blame Ben's response on me. But, I quickly reminded him of a similar story Rob and Di have shared many times about David when he traveled to Thailand at a MUCH older age then Ben. He cried at a Thai restaurant when they brought a large fish out to the table. Before we moved out here, David made me promise to try the crab at least once while we lived here, since Baltimore is known for its crabs. I decided to get it over with and....I still don't like Seafood!

1 comment:

Tori Orgill said...

well you can send some to me....I LOVE CRAB!! Did Kate eat any?