Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate!






On friday, July 17th Kate turned 2! Sometimes its hard to believe, but other times its hard for me to even remember life without her. I took the kids to a nearby nature center that morning and then when David got home from work we went to Red Robin for dinner. Kate loved it when they sang to her and brought her a little sundae. She finished off nearly the entire thing all by herself. She held her little chin up so proudly and smiled so big while they sang to her. She got a baby for her birthday and she carries her everywhere. She has really turned into a little girly girl just since we moved. Don't be mistaken....she hasn't lost that non-stop, mischievous side to her we all know as evidenced from the fresh shiner on her forehead. Kate is one of a kind. Although she doesn't talk much, she manages to let us all know exactly what she wants. She loves Ben and wants to do EVERYTHING that he does. And boy does she know how to push his bottons. She is very independent and would not allow me to do a single thing for her if she had it her way. She is beautiful...big blue eyes...golden curls...continuous smiles. We all adore Kate and wouldn't trade her for the world!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love going to Red Robin for birthdays! It's one of the last places that still sings to you! We went there for Haley's 2nd birthday and will probably for Lauren's too! Kate looks like she has grown so much! That picture of her eating her ice cream I thought she looked like such a big girl, she's definitely not a baby anymore! Looks like she had a great birthday!

Post pics of the house and what your town is like! I've never been to Maryland! Hopefully I will be out east again very soon!

Krystal Dooley said...

I can't believe it's been two years! I remember Kate being so little (well, she's still little, but i mean really little!)I'm glad she had a good birthday. Looks like fun!

Corbin and Amy said...

She is such a cutie! Good to know there is a Red Robin where you guys are living. We LOVE Red Robin. I guess we could visit you after all:) Happy Birthday KATE!!

Tori Orgill said...

Oh my goodness...she is soooo cute and getting so big! Happy Birthday to that BEAUTIFUL little girl!

Dalene said...

Does the flying-time-thing kill you? For one reason or another, it kills me - just kills me!!! She is a QT, though!